What Information We Collect
As a general matter, you can browse the Websites without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you register for an account on the Website;
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you request information or assistance;
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications;
- When you participate with social media accounts involving Leger properties;
- When you participate in communities, Masterminds, and other interactive services;
- In conjunction with any verification of your account information;
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
- When you communicate with us through the Website;
- When you provide user-generated content on any part of the Website that permits it; and
In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
- When you interact with any Leger page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, or Pinterest we may also collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or through that account, including your account ID or “handle.”
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Website;
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
- We collect and store your search terms and search results.
- We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
How We Combine Your Information
We may combine information gathered from the Websites and information that we have received, gathered, acquired, or stored from other sources, both information collected offline by Leger and information received from third parties—including information that currently exists in our files—into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect offline or receive from third-party sources (e.g., contact information from government funders or grantor information) to edit, enhance, and/or check the accuracy of your customer record.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Websites. We also use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes;
Responding to your inquiries;
Communicating with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website or about Leger;
Communicating with you about changes to our policies;
Personalizing content and experiences on our Website, including providing you with recommendations based on your preferences;
- Sending you newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by e-mail or another medium;
- Processing your employment or Mastermind application;
Optimizing or improving our programs, services, and operations;
- Research and development;
Verifying your account and account activities;
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns; and
- Managing our organization
How We Share Your Information
Leger adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Websites. Except as disclosed below, we don’t sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside Leger to use or access your personal information and in all cases, we only share your personal information where it is in the legitimate interest of furthering the aims of Leger.
We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Leger.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, or our users; and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
Like some websites, we may use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an invisible graphic on a web page or e-mail newsletter that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given website or newsletter, e.g., whether you opened the e-mail. Like cookies, web beacons allow Leger and its technology providers to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services to you. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect through web beacons, such as names or e-mail addresses, without your express permission.
Leger strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Websites. But no transmission and storage of data is completely secure, and submissions are at your sole risk.
European Union Privacy
If you are accessing a Website from the European Union or are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to certain information and other rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) effective as of May 25, 2018. The information and rights are as follows:
We will process your personal data for the purposes described in this Policy. The lawful bases for processing your data may include:
- When you have given consent.
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- When processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
We may rely on more than one of the lawful bases for processing your information described above. If our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Subject to your right to erase personal data, we will store your information for as long as necessary for us to serve the purposes described above.
You have the right to be informed about your personal data and how it is being processed, to access, correct and erase personal data, to restrict further processing, to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services and to object to processing. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU supervisory authority.
If we transfer your information to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will ensure that at least one of the following shall apply: (i) the transfers will be to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; (ii) we have used specific model contracts approved by the European Commission which are intended to give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; (iii) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US; or (iv) any alternative transfer mechanism that can under GDPR lawfully support the transfer. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Our Websites are intended for use by users aged 16 and older. In all cases, we do not market to or intentionally collect any personally identifiable information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, please do not register with us or provide us with any personally identifying information. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 16 has submitted personal information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware that a child for which you are the parent or guardian has provided us with personal information without your consent.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Leger or its affiliates to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Questions and comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if you would like to change your preferences, if you no longer wish to receive e-mail updates from Leger, or if you believe Leger has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Phone: +1 917.584.8174